Netcoreapp2.1 cannot be read

Hey guys, I am trying to run my discord.net bot on Glitch. I am running into some sort of issue when using dotnet run on my project. I think this is some sort of permissions issue that I am having since I am not running this project as the root user maybe. Works fine on my local machine and VMs that I have transferred project to.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

first, welcome to the forums!
second, can you provide some details like some code that your bot runs

we dont have muuch to go off of here so whats your project name and is it only this file or are all files like this in the console, you should also see spelling and if the file even exists and what folders its in

Hey guys thanks for the welcome, sorry here are some details.

Project name: accurate-guardian

I know the spelling is right I run the exact program locally with no issues. I know when I take steps to bypass calling this directory that things work, for instance my program goes through this directory to retrieve info on getting bots token, however if I just comment out that code and give the token no issues, until I need that directory again for getting the SQLite db.

So yea I have no reason to believe it is any other file but this one.

Hey @hasanaburayyan I’m seeing the exact same error locally. What’s the output of dotnet --info in your local environment (on Glitch it’s

.NET Core SDK (reflecting any global.json):
 Version:   2.1.604
 Commit:    c174d0ea92

Runtime Environment:
 OS Name:     ubuntu
 OS Version:  16.04
 OS Platform: Linux
 RID:         ubuntu.16.04-x64
 Base Path:   /usr/share/dotnet/sdk/2.1.604/

Host (useful for support):
  Version: 2.1.11
  Commit:  d6a5616240

.NET Core SDKs installed:
  2.1.604 [/usr/share/dotnet/sdk]

.NET Core runtimes installed:
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.11 [/usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.11 [/usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.11 [/usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]

and in my local env

Version:   2.1.700
 Commit:    c2ef055a0f

Runtime Environment:
 OS Name:     Mac OS X
 OS Version:  10.14
 OS Platform: Darwin
 RID:         osx.10.14-x64
 Base Path:   /usr/local/share/dotnet/sdk/2.1.700/

Commit:  d6a5616240

1.0.3 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/sdk]
  2.1.4 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/sdk]
  2.1.700 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/sdk]

Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.11 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.11 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 1.0.4 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 1.1.1 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.0.5 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.0.7 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.11 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]

)?

Sorry for the delay. This is what my dotnet --info looks like locally

C:\Users\hasan>dotnet --info

Version: 2.1.700
Commit: c2ef055a0f

Runtime Environment:
OS Name: Windows
OS Version: 10.0.18362
OS Platform: Windows
RID: win10-x64
Base Path: C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.1.700\

Commit: d6a5616240

2.1.602 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
2.1.700 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.9 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.11 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.9 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.11 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.9 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.11 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]

To install additional .NET Core runtimes or SDKs:
https://aka.ms/dotnet-download

Heres the shot of a local run