New and improved project sharing controls for Glitch subscribers!

No. They can reach

How?

Just write project name to search, and view code

Then change your project name to something nobody will find, and add your custom domain. You can get a custom domain for free via freenom.

They can even find my project name with a bot or something else. Also you’re saying custom domain but we are coding discord bots too, not just website dude

But how would people find your project from a discord bot? Its impossible to find where a discord bot is hosted.

A bot would never be able to find a name like 382823r3h29ieowsfijsnfksdjfdsnfk.glitch.me

It’s still public even if has a good name, private projects are the best for secure

But how can someone find your project if it has a gibberish name? Create an account that nobody will find.

If you are coding a Discord bot on Glitch wouldn’t you be a member anyway to keep it online? I don’t see why this is an issue…

3 Likes

Edit: Oops I didn’t even look at the last post date sorry - but it’s kind of my point about paying for unused months below.

They’re clearly angling for more subs which is fair enough.
I can only code in chunks so would pay for months of subs with literally zero activity which is a bummer.

More tiers or flexibility as a whole would be great.
I don’t want the complex ms/vCPU/RAM/egress calculators like other providers, but more of a per-project sub model with add-on’s for storage would be perfect.

Open source is very cool but I don’t really want my half thought out ideas just blowing in the wind and clogging up the search (which I understand is indexed by project content also?).
Last time I tried to search for something Glitch I had to comb through screeds of abandoned default projects and I hate to think I’m adding to that mess.

5 Likes

It won’t if you have custom domain like example.com

How?

You’re going to off topic. Also

It’s Impossible to do that

Expect your Website URL is ###.glitch.me, or they know your Glitch Username.

If they know your glitch username, Then yes. They can find it. Also if you’re using custom domain + they didn’t know your glitch username, Then yeah. It won’t happend!

1 Like

Tbh it wouldn’t be worth it to go through every repo.