No Space Left on device - npm install - Chromium Download

I’m on: bony-unruly-april instance of glitch.
It’s a boosted one.

I’m simply trying to run npm install.

I understand that space should be kept small on all the instance, and we all know that npm install can take a lot of module and a lot of space temporarily.

So my question is more related to the boosted part maybe.

Why could we have a boost for virtual hdd or to have the virtual hard drive limit more open for a while?

I don’t see how I can solve this by my onw. Unless going to my own server to do the npm install and then copying everyhting here after.

Also could we imagine that the npm install will be done on another instance and once done, moved to this one to resolve this kind of disk space problem. A kind of package.json service that do the download and deploy for you on your instance.

Here the issue is with automated test that need Chromium. (121Mb) but this is a dependency so I’ll need to cleanup a bit the package.json but then I’ll be out of sync from the original one.

Thanks for your kind help and best wishes.

S.

node v14.15.2, npm 6.14.9

Installing...

> puppeteer@2.1.1 install /app/node_modules/puppeteer

> node install.js

ERROR: Failed to download Chromium r722234! Set "PUPPETEER_SKIP_CHROMIUM_DOWNLOAD" env variable to skip download.

Error: ENOSPC: no space left on device, write

-- ASYNC --

at BrowserFetcher.<anonymous> (/app/node_modules/puppeteer/lib/helper.js:111:15)

at Object.<anonymous> (/app/node_modules/puppeteer/install.js:66:16)

at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1063:30)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1092:10)

at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:928:32)

at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:769:14)

at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:72:12)

at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47 {

errno: -28,

code: 'ENOSPC',

syscall: 'write'

}

npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.1.3 (node_modules/rollup/node_modules/fsevents):

npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.1.3: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"x64"})

npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.12 (node_modules/fsevents):

npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.12: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"x64"})

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! errno 1

npm ERR! puppeteer@2.1.1 install: `node install.js`

npm ERR! Exit status 1

npm ERR! 

npm ERR! Failed at the puppeteer@2.1.1 install script.

npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

npm ERR!     /tmp/npm-cache/14.15.2/_logs/2020-12-30T08_06_55_535Z-debug.log

Env variable:

PUPPETEER_SKIP_CHROMIUM_DOWNLOAD = 1

Did solve the issue

And actually I begin to understand how glitch works

2 Likes

Even though you found your fix, I’m gonna have to stop you there, puppeteer can be a bit slow on glitch unless you have Glitch boosted

@aboutdavid it looks like they do :eyes:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.