Node_modules disk limit exceeded

hi, can you delete my files from node-modules?

erensibot has been suspended

Reason: You exceeded the disk space limit on node_modules. If you feel this has been an error, contact us at support@glitch.com

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Hi @Erensi_28,

I just deleted your node_modules directory and your project is unsuspended. In order to prevent the project from continuously being suspended, I removed the most recent packages you added to package.json which means your app is not currently functional. The packages I removed:

• ms
  • passport
  • quick.db
  • request
  • url

These were the packages that tipped the size over, but I see you are also including ffmpeg in your project. ffmpeg is a particularly large package that often eats up a lot of space – I would recommend removing ffmpeg and re-adding the packages I removed to keep everything small enough.

Let us know if you have additional issues!

1 Like

Hi @lyzidiamond, does node_modules get included in the git repo, and contribute to project disk space with multiple versions?

As far as I know, node_modules has it own space, git owns separated space and so does asset.

1 Like

If you’re using pnpm as your package manager (which is the default) then your node_modules directory is stored in shared space (which is limited to 1Gb) doesn’t take up room in your project’s space. In any case, node_modules is gitignored, so by default won’t be included in your project’s repo.

1 Like