Node Reload Alerts

I’m getting the following alerts when reloading my Glitch app. Can someone advise as to what the deal is with these? I’m not familiar with some of them. Thanks!

node v14.17.4, npm 6.14.14
Installing…

npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.3.2 (node_modules/nodemon/node_modules/fsevents):

11:35 AM

npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.3.2: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“linux”,“arch”:“x64”})

audited 509 packages in 17.366s
57 packages are looking for funding
run npm fund for details
found 2 high severity vulnerabilities
run npm audit fix to fix them, or npm audit for details

Ignore them

Why should he ignore them?

npm will always throw some warnings, its normal, and those dependencies are optional.

Either way, I am very curious, @delgesu1745, are you manually installing modules via npm in this console? If so, please do not do this! Use the built in package manager in glitch, there should be a button on the top left when you open a package.json file, use that to add packages!

I don’t believe he was concerned with the skipping of optional dependency and mostly possibly wanted to fix the 2 high severity vulnerabilities.

I will suggest that he runs npm audit fix and they will likely disappear.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.