Npm does not support Node.js v12.0.0 You should probably upgrade to a newer version of node as we can't make any promises that npm will work with this version. You can find the latest version at https://nodejs.org/ /rbd/pnpm-volume/421484b3-4296-413c-89e2

Hi there - if you want to update the version of Node your project is using, you should update your project’s package.json to include it. There’s instructions on how to do that in our help center here: Can I change the version of node.js my project uses? - Glitch Support

2 Likes

:expressionless: Are you Glîtçhînğ? It says npm does not support node.js v12.0.0

I’m not Glitching, no, I guess I am just unclear at what you’re trying to report here. If you can clarify what you’re trying to do, that could help me out.

What I was originally saying is if you update your project to a more modern version of Node, you may have less trouble with NPM support. And you don’t need to install NVM to change it.

i want to change the version. that’s all it.

Seems like jenn already helped you here. If you’re having more trouble change the following line in package.json to:

"engines": { "node": "17.x" }

For your reference, 17.6.0 is currently the latest stable version of Node.js available. Glitch probably starts all hello-node projects at Node.js v12 for a reason, so be sure to read this article for more information on how to safely migrate. Really hope this helps. :sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.