Official Deno implementation to Glitch

Thats why it is somewhat better

1 Like

deno is a new era of Javascript and typescript. its a techy canvas right now but keeps growing

1 Like

We could always throw a copy of deno into the nodejs packages shared portion of the glitch servers but we could get in trouble for doing so

1 Like

think maybe later in time we can add main deno support

1 Like

YES! TypeScript Galore!!! looking forward to this

1 Like

Thanks @jenn for creating that Deno starter, now that Iā€™ve moved to Typescript and Deno, I was looking for a way to run Deno on Glitch when I found this!

And yes, I just bumped a thread.

2 Likes

yes please

1 Like

While we wait for Gitch to add real Deno support, I remixed/updated @jennā€™s Glitch to have Deno v1.23. It was still on 1.0.

deno-v1-23-starter

3 Likes

I decided to make an ā€˜evergreenā€™ version of the Deno Glitch. It will download the latest version of Deno every time it installs.

5 Likes

How about I invite you to the ~hello-oak so you can do the same with that one (in case folks who already bookmarked it donā€™t miss these updates). Let me know if youā€™re interested and Iā€™ll invite you to join the project!

2 Likes

Thatā€™d be great! Iā€™d love to participate.

1 Like

Awesome, sent you an invite to the project!

2 Likes

Hi @jenn, I must not have accepted that quickly enough because I never saw it to join. I put in a request to join the hello-oak project. Would you please approve it? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @pseudosavant! Please donā€™t bump old topics: that makes them go to the top of the list!
In this situation, itā€™s better to email support@glitch.com and include the thread URL.
Thanks!
Tiago

1 Like

Hi, just saw this and resent the invite to the project ~hello-oak. If you donā€™t see it in your inbox, check spam. If you still donā€™t see it, contact me by email support@glitch.com saying youā€™re not getting the invite and mention I sent you!

By the way, for everyone else - I donā€™t have DMā€™s turned on here, so if you need to reach me for stuff like this you can email support@glitch.com and ask for me (and include the thread URL).

1 Like

@jenn When can we expect official support for Deno? I am planning to start my new project on Deno but I wonā€™t be able to run it on Glitch :worried:

1 Like

No plans for it at the moment!

Still waiting for Glitch to put Deno in /usr/local/binā€¦

1 Like