Ogp issues on website to discord

So, today I tried to add OGP meta tags to my website to make it more like the “Ashes of Creation Forums” appearance on discord. It appears with a huge picture including author…

Downhere you will see their code vs mine and the results on discord:

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi @saimoyi welcome to the Glitch forums! This is a shot in the dark (it’s been a while since I debugged meta tags) but have you tried adding a twitter:title meta? I wonder if their twitter:title tag is somehow overriding the description tag (and that’s why it isn’t showing up.)
As regards the og:image tag being too large – I would try using the og:image optional parameters to specify the size (something like this, but with the sizes that work for you):

<meta property="og:image:width" content="400" />
<meta property="og:image:height" content="300" />

I think they should go right after the og:image tag! Let me know if any of this is unclear, (and also how it goes!)

Hi, thanks for answering I have added the code and changed the text for testing purposes.
The only thing which goes directly after resetting Discord cache is the color.
So I will wait some time until it’s visible.

Ah, found out some stuff.

Changing pictures (not size) and color works by changing the meta tags in header.php while everything else is handled by SEO Yoast.Yes, it seems SEO Yoast is interfearing with adding these meta tags.

Any suggestion how to handle it now? :sweat_smile: