On Helping and receiving help

I would like to know more about helping especially about how to communicate with helpers (comments in code?) and how to leave if the problem is already fixed or I don’t know how to fix it or I can’t offer any helpful information or advice. How do I politely end someone’s helping?
Is there a slack project for glitch or private messaging text chat project?
I’ll be in the help center reading up on helping if anyone can provide me with more information on helping.

Hey @laserblue,

Helping in Glitch can be asked in two ways:

1. On the Glitch community site
    Glitch

2. Or on the Support Forum, where you are right now!

Whenever you visit Glitch.com, you’ll see a list of projects that need help. Check out the descriptions of what your fellow community members need help with, and then just click on the one where you can offer the most assistance. Once you’re in, click the “Join” button to ask permission to edit files in the project. Use comments liberally in your code as a great way to explain your issue and communicate with helpers.

If you’ve solved the issue (or for some other reasons) and wish to leave the project, here’s how you do it:

1. In the project page, click on your profile picture in the top left.
  2. You’ll see an option called Leave This Project. Once you click on it, you will no longer be able to edit the project.

Before helping someone, make sure you know what the error is and only if you know how to fix it, you should help that user.

If you don’t know how to fix the problem, it’s okay! Just tell the user you are trying to help, that you couldn’t solve the error and you are very sorry for it. And other users might solve it by seeing it in the community site or on the Support Forums.

But be careful, make sure all your replies in the Support Forum does not violate any rules in the Community Guidelines.

Right now, the only way to communicate with other users in a project is through comments. An alternate solution is to ask the user to come to Discord, where you can chat together.

1 Like