💬 Open source glitch chat

i also have a question about some feature that might not be possible, but ill ask anyways. is it possible to do something like “line 16 index.html”, and it would take you to line 16 in the index.html file when you click on it? it would help people communicate which place they are. and a bunch of other things that i dont know (maybe make it easier to go to like line 10000 in a big file?) again, i dont know if this is possible, so thats why i am asking the experts here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Humm, that will be difficult, but tomorrow I can try

1 Like
application.selectFileByLogPath('src/index.js:123')
7 Likes

what about this game on a command? Gswim

3 Likes

um⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

Implemented!

2 Likes

Added!

1 Like

@code-alt there was a small bug with the save to local storage script, because the chat did not load when the editor was loading. Bug corrected in v3.3.4

1 Like

I just made the new code inlined and that seemed to work for some reason…

2 Likes

New sound implemented! it’s much cooler:

1 Like

Plus now there’s analytics! Check it out here:
https://uncovered-functional-lemonade.glitch.me/others/analytics.html
The analytics are super private and only use countapi.xyz to count the number of users. And the counter is real-time!

And do you know you can track events too? I’m still working on it!
Here’s a list of some tracked events:

• report (reported user)
  • clear (cleared messages)
  • superrickroll (someone used superrickroll)
  • sentmsg (number of messages sent)

(check the full list ad the analytics website)

1 Like

thx for making our lives easier lol

2 Likes

Yeah! I was creating my own program to do that but it was much longer and not the quality of that one!

1 Like

Version 3.5.5: Minor changes, more tracking, etc.

1 Like

New update: Yes, this is still alive! Now in version 3.5.6 we have a rickroll-update. Now if you type /bot superrickroll, rick astley will jump inside your PC and start dancing, and even with sound! Click the editor to shut up rick…

1 Like

You can now resize the chatbox’s window!

2 Likes

You can also now change the CodeMirror instance’s options using /setOption option value (just know that some stuff does not work)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hey everyone there’s a cool new mod feature!

Learn more: Open Source Glitch Chat Plataform

2 Likes

NEW GREAT UPDATE! Now if you are using an old version, you will receive an alert like the one below:

1 Like