Package.json freezing the editor

Hey @Sem1084 I’m not encountering this when I access https://glitch.com/edit/#!/bongo-bot?path=package.json:1:0, on my laptop or iPhone. Are you still seeing this issue?

My project is called readthedocs, but I am experience this on my 3 latests projects

I also have this problem in one of my projects… Tried every browser i had and i could not get it fixed.

Try creating a new one, before opening any others

Oh, sorry about that, @Sem1084; I misread the thread.

I can reproduce this on ~readthedocs, but not on @anon17346778’s ~bongo-bot.

@AXRAY23, welcome to the Glitch forum, and sorry for the bother. Can you give us some example projects you’re seeing this on?

Also (although I’m doubtful this is the issue) can everyone who’s seeing this let us know what browser, operating system (and device model, if appropriate) you’re seeing this on?

I am having this with my project “bewnce2” now, whenever I open the package.json, the whole window becomes unresponsive. I have to put ?path=server.js:24:0 after the link, to open the project without it going straight into package.json.

Running the latest version of chrome - stable
On windows 10 - Medion Akoya

Don’t worry! So far:

• npm install is a fix
  • But will not work if package.json is invalid

EDIT: See message above!

When I do this it still crashes but does show server.js.

I managed to solve mine by going to the console and using nano to edit my package.json and deleting a few things and after that npm install…

1 Like

Hi! Well i thought i fixed it but it’s still going… I’m havin this on my project ~bedothebot . Can you see if you can reproduce it?

@cori Could you fix my Package.json. I wanted to remove Quick.db

@cori could you also fix mine because i need to work on something quick…

I’m experiencing the same problem. And YES! It’s the package.json.
After a long time, the project unfreezes but if I touch the package.json, it freezes all over again.

Glitch freezes for about 10-15 minutes. Then I can perform 1 action on the package.json (like hit enter or paste 1 thing) then Glitch will freeze once more for 10-15 minutes.

If I work on any other file, Glitch is working fine.

This seems to be an issue and I am still experiencing this

I was having the same issue yesterday after changing some things in package.json. It appears that the json is parsed before it is even rendered so it fails so to fix it:

• opened the console in the UI and opened package.json with nano (nano package.json) and edited it
  • then run refresh to upload the changes to the container running the code :smiley:

I have fixed my issue:

• (Optional) create a repo
  • Export your project to an existing github repo (or then one you made)
  • Probably set the glitch branch as the default branch
  • Edit your package.json, make sure all the red (erroring code) is gone and save
  • Import the repo in the bugging project

Might be a chance you’ll have to run npm install in the project console

Hey folks we did have a new issue crop up overnight that we pushed out a fix for earlier today. Please let us know if you’re still seeing issues.

2 Likes

I just fixed my issue sir. So I cannot reproduce!

I’m still having an issue. I mean it’s been fine for past 2 hours or so as I haven’t touched package.json. But I need to update one of my dependencies so now it’s frozen again lol. I haven’t applied the solution to export to github and then import it back. Maybe I should do that in the future, but for now I can’t import because the site is frozen.

Thanks for the fast response. Yes I fixed the issue quite quickly by just doing ‘npm install’ so the issue is fixed