Package.json not loading

Hello! I’ve been working on a project where I need to integrate python files to a web based frontend for a chatbot type game. Initially I kept getting the POST 405 (Method Not Allowed) error, so I tried to create a package.json file to resolve it but that just set the project status to :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: and the page no longer loads. I’ve tried installing npm but that didn’t work either. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Below is the package.json I have:

{
“name”: “insightinspectorchat”,
“version”: “1.0.0”,
“description”: “Inspector Insight Chat”,
“scripts”: {
“start”: “python server.py”
},
“dependencies”: {},
“engines”: {
“node”: “14.x”
},
“repository”: {
“url”: “https://insightinspectorchat.glitch.me/
},
“license”: “MIT”,
“keywords”: [
“python”
]
}

Thanks for any help you can give!

I’m only 40% sure this will work, but I think you might need to change repository.url to something like
https://glitch.com/edit/#!/insightinspectorchat because all of my project repository urls looks like that and work fine. It could also be because static sites don’t have a package.json file, at least from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

can you check if there are errors in the project logs?

could be from python dependencies no longer being installed now that a package.json exists.

how was your project set up before? was it one of those undocumented python projects with a requirements.txt?

1 Like

Thanks!
I was able to get the page to load from the project log errors, but the python still isn’t connecting and the status is still :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. I’ve been trying to install flask through a requirements.txt but it’s not working. I also have a server.py file that might be of some use in determining what’s wrong. Here’s what the terminal error, the new package.json, and the server.py file look like.

Thanks so much for your help :heart:

It did help a bit. Thanks!

about that error from the logs: can you run the package.json through a json syntax checker?

about that error from the terminal: I think flask 2 requires Python 3. python and pip are Python 2. use python3 and python3 -m pip.