Pnpm installing issues

Not sure about this but on the following projects I have. The pnpm installs triggered (from enable-pnpm or just automatically) are taking about 5-6 minutes longer than usual (22 seconds normally) with these long logs that causing my bots to go offline and use up a massive amount of container space. I’ve never had this issue before so normally when I run enable-pnpm in console. After I see the word “done”, it should show a list of install/uninstalled packages and then bot goes online. It doesn’t do that for this issue, it just does a huge amount of logging and use up massive space. I’m not sure how to resolve this, would this be due to some issue that was noted on the Glitch Status website?

Projects:
natebot-main
nate-devbot
tagsbot-discord

Package.json:

{
  "name": "nate-bot",
  "version": "2.0.0",
  "description": "Nate Bot Version: 6.7",
  "main": "server.js",
  "scripts": {
    "start": "node server.js"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "express": "^4.16.4",
    "discord.js": "^11.5.1",
    "ytdl-core": "^0.29.2",
    "simple-youtube-api": "^5.1.1",
    "dbl-api": "^1.2.1",
    "dblapi.js": "^2.3.0",
    "node-superfetch": "^0.1.9",
    "cheerio": "^0.22.0",
    "quick.db": "^7.0.0-b21",
    "canvas-constructor": "^3.0.0",
    "canvas": "^2.5.0",
    "mal-scraper": "^2.6.1",
    "mathjs": "^5.10.2",
    "fortnite": "^4.3.2",
    "node-osu": "^1.3.2",
    "node-opus": "^0.3.1",
    "ascii-art": "^1.5.1",
    "jimp": "^0.6.4",
    "parse-ms": "^2.0.0",
    "nekos.life": "^2.0.4",
    "weather-js": "^2.0.0",
    "moment": "^2.24.0",
    "moment-duration-format": "^2.2.2",
    "enmap": "^4.8.6",
    "common-tags": "^1.8.0",
    "better-sqlite3": "^5.4.2",
    "body-parser": "^1.19.0",
    "gifencoder": "^2.0.1"
  },
  "engines": {
    "node": "8.x"
  },
  "repository": {
    "url": "https://glitch.com/edit/#!/hello-express"
  },
  "license": "MIT",
  "keywords": [
    "node",
    "glitch",
    "express"
  ]
}
1 Like

Update: This isn’t affected on just my projects. This is affecting on my friend’s bot projects and I think other projects too.

Projects:
sonic
holos
goblins-loot

The issue keeps triggering every 10 minutes to 1 hour.

Hi @NTMNathan - this may be related to the latest incident. We marked it as resolved an hour or so ago, though, so if you are continuing to encounter the issue let me know and I’ll have the infrastructure folks take a look.

1 Like

Thank you. Yeah, it’s been happening since about 12-18 hours ago.

Update: Yep, this issue is still occurring in my natebot-main project, it seemed to install some sort of rebuild and args of Canvas, SQLite etc. somewhat causing the container stats to go into warn and use up nearly all cpu and memory @jenn

i’m having the same problem

Having the same problem here on my Discord project, I opened it this morning and it was showing errors. I added better_sqlite3 because the console was looking for it, it showed me loader.js error indicating it was looking for an other file, again and again. I removed all the modules I added.

There was no error when I left my project, just weird that this appears right now, I tested my bot a lot looking for bugs.

(I did enable-pnpm and refresh a lot of time, trying to make it finally run properly)

There was also an update with canvas module but when I checked their website it wasn’t say that there was an update and their most recent version wasn’t the one I updated on my project.