Problems connecting to Discord

@cori I’m having the same issue, my project name is “mioooo”

thank you very much!

Hi @HeyCarlosz, welcome to the Glitch forum!

We don’t currently have any banned hosts (and haven’t since before you posted this, as far as I can tell). Are you still having trouble?

1 Like

@cori Yes, " (node:174) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Something took too long to do.

12:48 PM

at timeout.client.setTimeout (/rbd/pnpm-volume/764d009b-8c76-40a4-96d4-95aa3bcdc541/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.4.2/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/ClientManager.js:40:57)

at Timeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (/rbd/pnpm-volume/764d009b-8c76-40a4-96d4-95aa3bcdc541/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/discord.js/11.4.2/node_modules/discord.js/src/client/Client.js:433:7)

at ontimeout (timers.js:436:11)

at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:300:5)

at listOnTimeout (timers.js:263:5)

at Timer.processTimers (timers.js:223:10)

(node:174) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 2)

(node:174) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code."

my project name is “mioooo”

Having taken a look at the project, it seemed to be working fine. The issues could have been related to the downtime we just had. Let us know if the issue reappears. Thanks!

@Gareth @cori continuous with the same problem

@HeyCarlosz I’ve moved this thread to a new topic because I’m fairly certain that it’s not related to any hosts being banned by Discord. We can work on this here while we try to troubleshoot it.

1 Like

I’m not currently seeing the error you were experiencing in your logs right now, we don’t have any hosts currently banned, and I’ve checked your project’s host specifically and it’s definitely not banned. You can do this yourself by executing this code in your project’s console:

curl -I https://discordapp.com/api/v7/gateway

If you see HTTP/1.1 200 OK on the top line of that response then your host is not banned - if it were banned you’d see HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests.

If you’re seeing this message intermittently then I suspect either Discord is having problems and is timing out, or some specific activity that you bot performs is taking too long. You might try testing individual commands to see if one in particular triggers the error and go from there to determine the solution.

UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Something took too long to do. ;(

@HeyCarlosz

Go to “Tools” on the bottom left and click on “Console”,
That will open a new tab, put the following into the console and press enter then send us a screenshot of what the response to the command is!

curl -I https://discordapp.com/api/v7/gateway

@Callum-OKane

Ok, can you send me an invite to your project in a private message, I would like to take a closer look!

Ok, I have taken a look and the bot loads fine, it seems to be something that happens for a certain event or command that triggers this error.

Yes, it loads but after a certain time of error

@cori I’m having the same issue, my project name is “shiiiinnnaaaaa” thank you very much!

Hey @HeyCarlosz we missed this message when you sent it a while back - I think the problem in your p[ackage.json is that you have a comment on line 8. JSON doesn’t natively support JavaScript comments, so that line makes your package.json invalid.

Hope this helps and sorry for the delay!