Project from glitch to windows

hello guys.
i just made a discord bot with glitch and i want to download it and start it from my pc how can i do it?

In tools -> import and export -> download project

You’ll need a program like 7zip to open the tgz file though glitch can’t export to a .zip format.

woww you are so fast my friend thank you !!
I downloaded it but now how do I run it on my computer

i downloaded the node.js but when i try to run it i keep getting some errors

Do npm install in your project directory in a command prompt it’ll download everything your bot needs to run

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Do you use process.env.TOKEN or process.env.token in your code. Depending on what you put after process.env. run the command set {whatever you put after process.env}={bottokenhere} make sure to not put spaces around =.

Alternativley you can install the dotenv package to do the same thing glitch does with your .env files.

this is my .env file
GLITCH_DEBUGGER=

Environment Config

store your secrets and config variables in here

only invited collaborators will be able to see your .env values

Note: comments will be visible to remixes so don’t put secrets in comments!

reference these in your code with process.env.SECRET

SECRET=
MADE_WITH=
TOKEN=[ token removed by Glitch Support]

note: .env is a shell file so there can’t be spaces around =

Scrubbed by Glitch 2020-09-22T16:07:30+0000

oh

reference these in your code with process.env.SECRET

SECRET=
MADE_WITH=
TOKEN=NzU3OTc2NzgyND

Please don’t paste your token here it can give other’s control of your discord bot
Just copy and paste this file into another .env file in your local copy
Then run npm install dotenv
In your main file like server.js or index.js add this line somewhere before you start the bot.

require('dotenv').config()

This will load your .env file into process.env before your bot starts

1 Like

yes i know i change it
i just want to show you how its write in my env file

ohh now i get those errors

C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\app>node server.js
cape.js loaded!
guides.js loaded!
help.js loaded!
info.js loaded!
status.js loaded!
wings1.js loaded!
wings2.js loaded!
wings3.js loaded!
(node:1980) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Incorrect login details were provided.
at WebSocketConnection. (C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\app\node_modules\discord.js\src\client\ClientManager.js:48:41)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:422:26)
at WebSocketConnection.emit (events.js:315:20)
at WebSocketConnection.onClose (C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\app\node_modules\discord.js\src\client\websocket\WebSocketConnection.js:393:10)
at WebSocket.onClose (C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\app\node_modules\ws\lib\event-target.js:124:16)
at WebSocket.emit (events.js:315:20)
at WebSocket.emitClose (C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\app\node_modules\ws\lib\websocket.js:191:10)
at TLSSocket.socketOnClose (C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\app\node_modules\ws\lib\websocket.js:850:15)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:327:22)
at net.js:674:12
(node:1980) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catc
h(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 2)
(node:1980) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\app>

this is the start of my server.js file

const Discord = require(“discord.js”)
const bot = new Discord.Client()
const {prefix, config} = require("./config.json")
const fs = require(“fs”);
bot.commands = new Discord.Collection();

change it to this?

const Discord = require(“discord.js”)
const bot = new Discord.Client()
const {prefix, config} = require("./config.json")
const fs = require(“fs”);
require(‘dotenv’).config()
bot.commands = new Discord.Collection();

Yeah that will work if you created the .env file so that it’s exactly the same as your glitch one

Why was this flagged? I don’t get it.

5 Likes

i just did and this is what i get now

Get a new token I guess, and put the new one into your .env, I suppose the old one got invalidated

i tried this also =\ i get the same error :relieved:

and i also try to create a new bot from my discord developer and still the same error

It defintley is due to an invalid token

1 Like

Stuff gets flagged almost randomly. I suspect there’s some troll who flags stuff for fun, or the system’s spam detector sometimes gets tricked.

2 Likes