Proxies and Glitch TOS

Hey!
Lately I have seen reports if proxies on glitch getting shut down. Are they against the TOS?

1 Like

I was also wondering that. Example: ~proxychief

2 Likes

Proxies use up a lot bandwith and as we know, bandwith is expensive because glitch runs on AWS. I wish glitch could run servers in google cloud platform or digital ocean.

1 Like

Geez - it has been quite a while since I’ve open the book, β€œProxies.”

I think kids use these to view inappropriate material, which is not tolerated on glitch, so there’s your answer.

I’ll admit one thing, I have a proxy for accessing google and google-only. I don’t why my school blocks it but I suppose some people like to search games on google like the snake game(seriously you guys). Therotically google shouldn’t be able to use too much bandwith.

I use my proxy to access things that don’t make sense to be blocked, such as blog posts that are completly sfw, like Medium and some others tbh.

1 Like

Me too as well. I’m using my proxy to use Soundtrap to make music.

2 Likes

I believe anything that doesn’t seem abusive, illegal, or inapproiate should be allowed for now.

I use proxies for accessing stuff like Quora (blocked for β€œother adult content”, still don’t get why).

Same. I don’t understand it.

1 Like

Update: The TOS says " 1. Use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information, including without limitation by forging TCP-IP packet headers or e-mail headers; or"
If your proxy forges the host header(most of them do to prevent websites from getting suspcious) then you can’t usse it.

2 Likes

the Host header is meant to tell the server what website the request wants, rather than indicate where a request is from. did you mean to say some other header?

That sucks. ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

1 Like