Proxo - Remaking Reverse proxies
Proxo is a Python flask project aiming to make reverse proxying better and easier. Proxo is currently a small project and isn’t very stable.
This will copy my developement version of proxo which I sometimes use to do other things
- Make a copy of this project on glitch: https://glitch.com/~epic-proxy(or download the code if you are running it locally)
Current Steps(with github):
- Download a release from github and copy all the files in
Proxo-Someversionto your glitch directory
configuration.pyand find the line that defines the
- Find the line that has the
mainorigin and set it to the url of your origin server. This can be a external server or a server on the same machine(use
127.0.0.1to maximize speed).
- If you are in glitch the app will automatically restart and mirror your origin and you are done. If you are deploying locally proceed to step 5
- Find the line that starts with
"start":and copy the command in the quotes and run it to start the server(optionally configure the port in
You’re done! Your proxy is now setup.
To be written
The only possible ways of crashing are either the logging fails because there are so many workers or the app gets a request that isn’t a
For now the applicaton assumes all origin servers send the Content-Type header, so it will crash if your server is very minimal.
For future reference
In the future(by I mean very soon), I will start pointing everyone to a github release page to install Proxo instead of the glitch project because I will continue to use it for developement. I will provide everyone with a script that installs any Proxo you want from the release page.
It’s work in progress
Written with StackEdit.