Public Assets API Endpoint

Would love a few API endpoints to upload/delete/etc. to/from the project’s assets folder/the Glitch CDN so project generated/uploaded files aren’t limited to the container’s space.
Note: you can vote for this by pressing the ‘Vote’ button above

I have no more votes, but I would love to have something like this.

I just hope this would not be abused, maybe you would need to have a verified phone and email on the account to access this?

3 Likes

Yeah. Don’t let anonymous users use it. I think that they should stop the ability to make projects as an anonymous user all together. Just make them login

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be a good idea.

1 Like

It’s just annoying if you accidently press remix and it makes a project. I would also love if they made you confirm whenever you make a new project, whether it’s a remix or just making one as I have so many remixed app that I don’t need. Also the ability to make a blank project with nothing added, so you can make it yourself. There’s so many trivial inconveniences and things I want added :joy:

2 Likes

Or when you are not logged in and a new project is made :laughing:

1 Like

In fact, these are really good examples of trivial inconveniences!

Trivial inconveniences are inconveniences that take few resources to counteract but have a disproportionate impact on people deciding whether to take a course of action.

Related info - there is a way to read a project’s asset info (like asset name, file type, size, etc) by taking advantage of the .glitch-assets file.

3 Likes

But sadly not add.

It’s a JSON file, and it could work two ways. What I mean is, if uploading an asset updates the .glitch-assets file, then editing that file could also update the assets in a project.

I think the JSON file has the links to the files on the CDN, not sure how you could upload files via the JSON file.

3 Likes

maybe i would vote for this, including an API key for approved developers.

2 Likes

If the editor can do it, then your app should be able to do it.

It do seems to be complicated though.