Python Version Downgrade?

Is there a chance that a container configuration was deployed that rolled back the python3 version to 3.5 from 3.7?

I have a project that all the sudden is failing to install version-pinned dependencies from pip3 because they target a newer version of Python. The container is reporting python3 corresponds to Python 3.5.2 (default, Apr 16 2020, 17:47:17). I could have sworn this used to correspond to Python 3.7.x and this downgrade would explain my issues…

1 Like

Hi @FlantasticDan I’m sorry for the confusion! Our team was making some system updates that caused this to happen. 3.7 should be available again by tomorrow. I will post an update here when that happens.

2 Likes

@FlantasticDan so I can confirm that this related to the system update, can you please tell me the name of your project so I can take a closer look? If you prefer, you can send me this info via a support request.

1 Like

It’s affected a few remixes of and including gcal-self-invite. I’ve retrofitted a few of them to continue operating under 3.5 but gcal-self-invite remains untouched. If there’s anything else I can do to help, let me know…

Thanks! I’ll review this with my colleagues and then get back to you.

2 Likes

@FlantasticDan the issue with your project should be fixed now.
If you are still seeing the project error, let me know!

@tasha Sorry for the delay, everything appears to be working now. Thanks to you and your team for fixing this so quickly!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.