Ratelimited using socket.io

Hello there. My and my friend @Chicken-E have made a multiplayer game using socket.io. however, it has been rate limited multiple times. We were wondering if it would be possible to somehow optimize connections, or increase the limit. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @WilsontheWolf in general any socket connection should only take up a rate limit slot when the connection is initially opened, so I’m a little surprised that you’d be hitting the rate limit here. Can you provide the specific error you’re encountering and your project name so we can take a closer look?

2 Likes

The project is https://chicken-socket.glitch.me and the error is here

edit: heres the text
This project has received too many requests, please try again later.

1 Like

Hey @WilsontheWolf I can’t find a project with that name. Can you please confirm the project’s name so we can take a look?

1 Like

sorry @Chicken-E renamed it. its now https://tankie.glitch.me/

1 Like

In think the ratelimits come from the editing of the code and reconnecting many clients.

Hey @WilsontheWolf thanks for the updated project name!

I’m not seeing any rate limiting going on in there now but I do see a little from a few days ago from the original project name; on the surface it looks like you were getting lots of requests to /public/green.png and /public/red.png that were pushing you over the limit - if you can sort out why those two files are being requested so often you might be able to alleviate the request pressure a bit, although you’ll have to prevent those requests from ever getting to Glitch’s servers in order to prevent the rate-limiting - we rate-limit upstream of your project, so simply blocking the requests in your project won’t prevent them from triggering the rate-limit.

we have been optomizing the connections. We moved thoughs to the glitch cdn. we were trying to do something but it was giving cross domain errors. It would be convienent if the glitch cdn was on glitch.me mabey.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.