Reconnecting whenever I edit something on a file

Hi there, so whenever I want to delete or edit something from my file, it says Reconnecting and no changes happen

Please help

Hi @HeemPlayz, and sorry for the bother!

What does the app status for the project say? Click the App Status button at the bottom right in the Glitch editor to see. Are there any warnings there? Sometimes you’ll see this happen on projects that are low on disk space.

If your project is low on disk space, you can try this:

1. Go to Tools > Terminal in the Glitch editor
  2. Once the Glitch console loads, type git prune and hit enter
  3. When it’s done, type git gc and hit enter

If that doesn’t help, then something outside of your .git folder is taking up space, so you can try typing rm -rf .cache and pressingenter (in the terminal).

If that still doesn’t help, let us know what the project name is and we can investigate further!

Yes, The App Status is on Warn
and Yes, low disk space, how do I reduce it?

Thanks, everything is working fine now

And how do I reduce the disk space?

Okay, that helps narrow down the problem! Did you try the terminal commands I mentioned?

Yes, I did.
Now when I edit, everything is right, but the disk space is running on 95%, any ways to reduce it?

Sure, but it depends on what’s taking up space — I can have a look if you give me the project name! :slight_smile:

Sure, It’s private by the way, it’s called z-botg
I’ll send an invitation link to you

Ah, okay — send it to support@glitch.com and we’ll have a look! :slight_smile:

No problem, Ok, I’ll send

Done, please check it

Yup, someone on the team will have a look and get back to you!

So, what did you do?
I reloaded the page and saw that it is suspended, and then I reloaded again, and now App Status Ok

And I know that there a lot of unnecessary codes and lines, but I think that in one day, I’ll need them

I’ve given your project additional disk space for 24 hours. This should give you the room needed to:

1. Add files that are taking up too much space to .gitignore
  2. Move database files that get rewritten often to .data

Once you have done this, run the following commands in the project console:

git prune and hit enter
git gc and hit enter.
refresh and hit enter

This should free up the space you need. If you have any questions, let us know!

Ok, Thanks
I don’t know how to use .gitignore nor .data, I’ll try to learn how, if you have a link to docs for these, I would love to provide them for me

and for console commands, when I ran git gc it wouldn’t work, But I think now should work

It should! When I tried it, git gc failed because you were out of disk space. Let us know if it fixes things for you when you try it again!

It happened again, whenever I edit something, I get Reconnecting
Most json files got deleted

Hello? @glitch_support
This problem happened again, I tried to run the commands, but nothing happens

Please help, I can’t edit anything

Hey @HeemPlayz, may I use my admin account to see what’s going on with your project?

Sorry for being not active
Yes you can, it keeps telling me reconnecting
I removed a lot of files
I want to upgrade but there isn’t PayPal option
If there is any solution because a lot of people are using my discord bot