Reconnecting whenever I edit something on a file

I was able to get the project size down to 14MB by running git prune and then git gc. It’s possible that part of the issue is that you’ve misspelled the .gitignore filename, so if the files listed in there are especially large, they won’t be ignored. Also be sure that if you’re keeping logs, these can grow very large, so it’s probably also a good idea to add their filenames into .gitignore too. If you’re using some kind of database, it’s ideally something you would keep in the .data folder.

Hope this helps — if not, I think you might need a Discord expert to have a look at what’s going on.

I realized that I didn’t answer the second part of your question — right now we’re only able to accept credit card payment, but I’ll pass along your feedback for a PayPal option!

Hi - My project “bellevuebites” is loading very slowly even though I payed money for the boosted version (very disappointing). My account is @sophietaschenbags. Could you help me fix this as I have regular traffic to the site?

thanks!

Thanks
I see that it’s now 1GB and I assume this is for only 24 hours which I don’t have a problem at all
so now it should run 14MB or less or a little bit more?

I don’t have a lot of experience dealing with files like .gitignore or .data
If you have a youtube video or any link to explain these, I hope you drop them here.

.gitignore isn’t specific to Glitch, it’s a key component of git, a version control system. It’s basically just a listing of files to not keep track of with some special syntax to handle wildcards and pattern matching in filenames. A quick search will tell you more than you could ever need to know about it, and there’s also some online services that will generate one based on your specific project structure.

.data is specific to Glitch, it’s a special directory in the root of your project that allows for persistent storage. It doesn’t show up in the editor because it’s a hidden directory, but you can use the console to see what’s inside. The nice thing about this directory is that if someone remixes your project it will not be copied into the remix, so it’s a safe place to store an app specific database.

2 Likes