Rename a project

Hi,
When I try to rename a project, I get the message"THERE IS A PROJECT WITH THAT NAME". I used names which was never used by me. I still get the same error message, whatever name I use. Thank you.
Ahammadsunny Pathiaseril.
Ahammadunny@hotmail.com

The name you picked may have been used by somebody else. You can check by going to {project name}.glitch.me and seeing if a project appears. If a project is found, you will see a loading page or homescreen.

My dear friend,
Thank you for your reply. It happens with any name I pick. Can it be due to the fact that I have too many projects. I used to delete projects, with “ADVANCED OPTIONS”. But I do not see an option to delete now. I am stuck. I can’t do any work here at this site,. Thank you.
Sincerely yours,
Ahammadunny Pathiaseril.

If you want a project deleted forever, you will need to contact support@glitch.com

1 Like

My dear friend,
Thank you. Can you please look into my problem about renaming a file? The way I do is as follows:
On the left-hand side bar at the top, the project name is shown. I partially or completely delete the name, moving the cursor over it and then typing the new name, It used to take the new name at least until 2 weeks ago. Today it does not take any name. I am 100% sure about it. No new name ia accepted. Is there another way to rename the project? Can you please save me from this trap?
Sincerely yours,
Ahammadunny Pathiaseril.
Ahammadunny@hotmail.com

Replying to this

Are you trying to rename a project or a file?

Also, if that is your personal email, don’t give it out please. You could get spammy emails.

Also, I’ve moved this to #glitch-help.

Hi David,
How are you? I am trying to rename a project. This is how I used to do it:
on the left hand side bar, I completely or partially deleted the name on top of the bar, by moving the cursor to the left, removing each letter. Then I retyped the new name. At least until 2 weeks agom it worked ie the new name was taken. Now, whatever I type, it keeps telling me, another project has that name. It cannot be true for every name. Every word in any language cannot be taken by anoyher project. I tried about 100 words. Ever one of them was not accepted,
Is there another way or method to rename a project? Thank you very much for your help. Have a nice day,

Ahammadunny Pathiaseril.
ahammadunny@hotmail.com

You might wanna try emailing support@glitch.com. This kind of seems like a bug.

1 Like

Hi David,
Thank you. I have already informed the glitch.support of it, yesterday night. I have not yet got a reply from them. Thank you and have a nice day.
Ahammadunny Pathiaseril.
Ahammadunny@hotmail.com

2 Likes