[Resolved] Projects are failing at the proxy level. During this time you may see "TypeError: Cannot read property..." error in your projects

Projects are failing at the proxy level. During this time you may see “TypeError: Cannot read property…” error in your projects. Once the issue is resolved, the error should go away. Until then, updates will be provided at status.glitch.com.

1 Like

Hey,

My Glitch project, api.riverside.rocks recently gave me a very weird error when I tried to visit it.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'info' of undefined
    at Object.writeErrorResponse (/opt/glitch/proxy/source/utils/write-error-response.ts:38:16)
    at app.use (/opt/glitch/proxy/source/server.ts:105:9)
    at Layer.handle_error (/opt/glitch/proxy/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/express/4.17.1/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:71:5)
    at trim_prefix (/opt/glitch/proxy/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/express/4.17.1/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:315:13)
    at /opt/glitch/proxy/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/express/4.17.1/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
    at Function.process_params (/opt/glitch/proxy/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/express/4.17.1/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
    at next (/opt/glitch/proxy/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/express/4.17.1/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
    at Layer.handle_error (/opt/glitch/proxy/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/express/4.17.1/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:67:12)
    at trim_prefix (/opt/glitch/proxy/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/express/4.17.1/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:315:13)
    at /opt/glitch/proxy/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/express/4.17.1/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7

These appear to be Glitch configuration files as they are in the opt folder. It should also be noted that the project uses the Apache web server and never uses NodeJS or TypeScript.

Edit: This is happening to every glitch project I visit.

1 Like

Seems like someone did an oopsie at glitch

1 Like

https://starter-react-template.glitch.me/ works fine

React seems to be the only project working.

https://cooper-union-sqlite-json-storage.glitch.me/ works too, that’s odd

failed to start application on cooper-union-sqlite-json-storage.glitch.me

This is most likely because your project has a code error.
Check your project logs, fix the error and try again.

Loads fine for me

https://schort-link-shortener.glitch.me/ also works fine so I’m guessing its happening for some but not all

This happened for me as well.
Also, shouldn’t this be in feedback for a bug report?

Status page, they are aware

Hello! This issue should now be resolved! If you are still seeing a TypeError… message in your project and don’t know how to fix it, you can send a message to support@glitch.com.

1 Like

No wonder, I was surprised to see an error for a project even before the “Waking up” screen, but when I refreshed it, it disappeared.

1 Like