Restore file whose contents were deleted?

Hi there, I mistakenly deleted the contents of a file in one of my projects. Is there any way to recover the contents?

Yes, we can probably get that back for you. What’s the project/filename, and around what time did you delete it?

Hey Tim, thanks! The project is called trellocity and i probably erased the file, server.js, around 9-10 this morning. also erased readme.md but thats not as important as server.js. thanks!

Okay, it’s back. Also, posts must be > 20 characters :slight_smile:

Great, thank you! Looking forward to revision history as a feature :slight_smile:

I would also like to restore a file that I accidentally deleted (it’s a bit too easy to click on the wrong button in this UI)

Its in the file skills/android_stuff.js in project meteor-property, was deleted today at around 1:15 PM CET

Thanks
/Jonas

If you message me a join link (click on my name), then I can restore the file for you.

Sorry but I don’t find any way to send a private message to someone, where can I find this?

Click on my name and use the message button.

When I click your name a pop is opened showing your badges and stuff, but I really don’t see any message button. Could it be that I don’t have permission for this?

Ok, instead email it to me

Ok, it should be back now

Hi!! I am having the same problem – I deleted it today around 21:36 and the file’s name is branch-kitty. Could someone please help me out?

Hi @okansper,

I’ve restored the project content to the backup we took Sep 17 at 20:33 – around 1 hour earlier than when you deleted that file.

Hello, I accidentally deleted a project of mine, as well as a file on that project. Is there any chance of getting it back?
The project was called x-o and was deleted on Feb 07 2018, at around 20:42 GMT.
The file that was deleted was called server.js and was deleted at about the same time.
Please help me get the project back.

Hi @Sheikh1365,

we undeleted the project. You can use git from the Console (Project Menu -> Advanced Options -> Open Console) to try to restore your server.js file. If you don’t know how to use git, let us know and we’ll try to restore the file manually :slight_smile:

Hello! Thank you for restoring the project. Unfortunately whenever I try to edit the project, it says Hmm... we are having trouble connecting. Try refreshing? I have tried refreshing as well as accessing it from two different computers, however it did not work. Please could you help me?

Also, I do not know how to use git, so if you could manually restore the file, that would be great!

Many thanks,
Sheikh1365

Hi @Sheikh1365,

sorry for the issues! I think I’ve restored your project to a point in which server.js is there. Let me know if you need an earlier snapshot :slight_smile:

Hello, sorry to disturb you again! Unfortunately, the file server.js is not in the project.

Here is an image of all the files in the project.

Many thanks, @etamponi

Edit: The server.js file is part of the project - the project runs as if it were there. However, I cannot see the file itself and therefore cannot make changes to it. Any idea on what to do?

I can see the server.js file… can you retry?