Rewind Broke ENTIRELY! SERVER RETURNED STATUS CODE 500!

Glitch returns a 500 status code when we tried to load rewind. We have not touched rewind in any way.

Project name: Zettabyte

HELP!!!

Hey @efewqefwfd, I’m sorry for the bother. When I look at your project and open the Rewind pane this morning I’m not seeing any problems; are you still seeing this issue?

It is fixed, thank you.

Although, all of the rewind progress is gone :frowning:

I’m not sure what you mean by

When I open Rewind there I see history. A lot of it looks like small recurring edits of a couple of json files that are probably being updated by the server, but there are other edits visible from a few days back. You can get rid of the recurring edits by adding those json files to a gitignore file, if you’re interested.

We wanted progress from a few days ago but all progress is gone from back to when rewind broke.

Ah, that’s because Rewind only shows the most recent 100 commits (another reason to gitignore the recurringly-edited files).

To roll back to a commit earlier than that you’ll need to use some git commands in your project’s console:

1. git log --pretty --decorate which will show the history of your project’s changes along with what files were edited with each commit.
  2. For each commit you’ll see something that looks like this:
  3. Find the commit that you want to revert back to. You can use the commit id (generally the first 7 or 8 digits is enough, so for the commit shown above you could use “6422015”) and the git diff command (so, in this case, git diff 6422015) to get a comparison of the differences between the current code and the commit you’re looking at to make sure you’ve got the right one.
  4. Once you’ve got the point you want to revert to selected, use git reset {id} --hard (In this example, git diff 6422015 --hard) to reset your git repo to the correct spot. You can use git log --pretty --decorate again to verify that you’re where you want to be.
  5. Use the refresh command to update your editor’s files with the new reverted state of your project.

When you’re running the git commands in the console you’re in a sort of git user interface, which is identified by the fact that the last line in your console will just have “:” on it, indicating that git is awaiting your next instruction. Use the space bar to list more commits (or more lines in the comparison) and “q” to exit the command so you can move on to the next step.

Hope this helps!