Ruby on Rails App Not Working

It won’t get revived by staff. It will be revived by another forum user who has the same issue 2 years later. Staff will never touch it :joy:

4 Likes

Glitch Support: who the heck pinged me…

2 months later

ah just like @anon43649539 said lets go revive this topic

1 Like

Bump //cc @glitch_support

@glitch_support, please help me!

Hi @R4356th,

Sorry you’re having trouble with this and that it took us a while to get to it. I’m not sure exactly what is wrong but there are two things to try that will at least narrow the problem down:

• Turn off the Spring development preloader if it’s on. It makes a lot of assumptions about the development environment it’s running in that might not be compatible with Glitch (where to store temporary files, what filesystem watch utilities are available).

• Switch from Puma to WEBrick as the underlying HTTP server for Rails. WEBrick is simpler and Puma is sort of overkill for a Glitch app anyway. Puma also relies on a compiled extension that might not be building correctly.

3 Likes

Thank you! That fixed the issue. But I did not need to turn off Spring though. It was not even in use.

I am getting an Error 502 again even though I did not change anything in the project!

you said that wrong alright

2 Likes