Server-side debugging broken for everyone?

I get the error

Debugging connection was closed. Reason: WebSocket disconnected

when I open the generated debugger URL. If I look on the console, I see

WebSocket connection to ‘ws://wiry-sudsy-ceres.glitch.me/undefined’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 502

I think it may be because there’s no “user token” in the generated debug URL:

chrome-devtools://devtools/bundled/inspector.html?ws:80=wiry-sudsy-ceres.glitch.me/undefined

Why would there be no token? The “undefined” bit looks wrong too.

I reproduced this error in new Express and Sqlite projects.

Yep, it’s broken here as well.

Well, I’ll ping @support_staff!

Having a similar error except for when I try to access my code (Edit project never loads)

Hi! I’m sorry that the debugger is bugging out!

I have notified the team and will give you an update once it is fixed!

1 Like

Hello!

A fix for this bug is going out shortly! Thanks again for reporting!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll be looking forward to it!

This is still broken for me. Any workaround?

Yeah this has suddenly become broken for me as well, My Debugger gives me this:
devtools://devtools/bundled/inspector.html?ws:80=api.glitch.com/project/debugger/undefined

I seem to remember that the end part there shouldn’t be undefined. also I can’t seem to make debugger work anymore, even when I try to create a new Project. always loops me with
[debugger] “Debugging connection was closed. Reason: WebSocket disconnected”

I’m sorry that the debugger is acting up again! A bug report has been filed. When I get an update, I will post it here.

8 Likes

Still not fixed as of the moment? this is really slowing my tasks as of the moment.

Thank you for your patience! The websocket disconnection issue with debugging should be resolved, and debugging should be working again. Let us know if ya’ll are still running into issues with debugging and we’ll check it out!

1 Like