Server stability problems for the last 24 hours

Any suggestions to help with the Github?

Since the screenshot is tiny, the console gives “https://api.github.com/repos/Illuminata/mappinglocations/git/trees Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 422 (Unprocessable Entity)”

I don’t have anything beyond the README in the master or hyperdev branch.

Are any of the files in your project empty? I don’t think the GitHub API allows saving of empty files so that is one possible thing to check. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Perfect, yes. There was an empty folder in public/ that I had to wait until the project was stable enough to delete.

1 Like

Common symptom I’m seeing lately is that the Activity Log is totally blank and gray. Does that mean it’s not trying to restart the app as I make changes? If it could provide clearer diagnostics there, like “HyperDev server unreachable” or whatever, that might help a lot in reducing feelings of things just being broken, like perhaps what @jtWrightt was experiencing.

Not necessarily, it could just be the logs not updating on screen. We’d need a project name to look into it further.

1 Like

It’s happening consistently now on fierce-giver

Thanks, we’ll take a look!

Update: all my projects are currently showing a blank Activity Log and changes to projects are not reflected in the live app using the Show button.

We’ve recently deployed a fix that should address the majority of the stability concerns. There still may be some instability from time to time but it should be much much better with regards to apps not updating.

Hope this helps and please continue to let us know if you run into any further issues!

1 Like

If by recently you mean more than a few hours ago then I have bad but hopefully helpful news: I just lost some changes in sunrise-sparrow (adding new files that are no longer there). [PS: added them again just now]

Also I still see a gray empty Activity Log on everything.

UPDATE Friday: Everything seems good today!

We just deployed a fix for the logs, so hopefully they’ll be back working for you too.

1 Like

Thanks for the report and update @dreev. Like @gareth said we made another today update that addresses the lost changes, lost updates and logs, so I’m glad to hear that it is working better for you now. :slight_smile:

Please continue to let us know if you see any weirdness!

1 Like