Starting a Glitch themed Discord server!

My friend and I have decided to start a discord server based around Glitch and coding (HTML, CSS , JavaScript). We would love for anybody with a love of coding to join us!

1 Like

@RiversideRocks Glitch is kinda a platform for all ages, so making it only for 13+ is kinda leaving out some people.

true, and, we would prefer to not have a discord server?

if it is for something like a large project on glitch, yes, the glitch team may have to rely a bit on discord, but that is yet unlikely, and is not very well liked. yes, discord is good for communication, but nothing beats discourse for chats and support

1 Like

True. I always like to have it as an options because it provides real time chat unlike discourse or a traditional forum.

I’m pretty sure Glitch is 13+ because of COPPA. @glitch_support Is that correct?

Thats what I thought too. You cannot be <13 and give information like an email to Glitch as Glitch is based in the United States.

1 Like

@RiversideRocks Yes, That is what I mean.

1 Like

@Techy But there are schools that use it.

What the Glitch TOS says:

3. Use of the Services

Eligibility: “You have to be thirteen or older.”

No individual under the age of thirteen (13) may use the Services or provide any information to Glitch, Inc. or otherwise through the Services (including, for example, a name, address, telephone number, or email address). If you are a parent and believe your child under the age of thirteen (13) has created an Account or otherwise provided personal information to Glitch, Inc., please contact us at support@glitch.com.

Yes, Glitch allows students users and classrooms but they should be of thirteen years and above. (Or if they are below thirteen, do they have to get prior consent from Glitch, Inc.?)

Here’s what I found on COPPA

• The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (" COPPA ") specifically protects the privacy of children under the age of 13 by requesting parental consent for the collection or use of any personal information of the users. The Act took effect in April 2000.
  • The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act ( COPPA ) is a U.S. federal law designed to limit the collection and use of personal information about children by the operators of Internet services and Web sites. … COPPA is “the first U.S. privacy law written for the Internet,” Melissa Campanelli wrote in Entrepreneur.

Just a few Google searches

also, it just limits what services and web sites can do with the personal information, of people 12 or less in the U.S.

2 Likes

Does email count as personal information? I think it’s possible to use glitch by only proviiding your email but the TOS probaly says you have to be 13+ anyways.

I would say it does.

Yikes! The invite link seems to be invalid. Can you get a new one, @RiversideRocks?

The old server shut down, but this is the better server. (the CEO is in it)

1 Like