SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input

Hi I was working on a discord bot project and then my bot wouldn’t refresh anymore, it kept saying this from the console

at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at /opt/watcher/source/app-picker.ts:105:37
    at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:285:7)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:189:13)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:441:20)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:970:16)
    at Socket.stream.socket.on (internal/child_process.js:389:11)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:189:13)
    at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:441:20)
    at Pipe._handle.close (net.js:597:12)

I don’t know if someone can fix this
if you can thanks

I am not experienced enough to know for sure what you’re parsing, but if I’m not wrong you’re trying to parse “<anonymous>” as JSON? That’s not a JSON data.

Even if i’m wrong and anonymous is actually something else, you surely must be parsing a non-JSON data using JSON.parse()

Go to your project and check what is at /opt/watcher/source/app-picker.ts:105:37 for me.

Hope this helps!

I was wrong, that file is hidden from you. Can you show the code where you’re calling JSON.parse()?

I don’t actually know where to find app-picker.ts.

Somewhere in your project its trying to either parse something that is not a string or trying to parse an empty string.

I believe you’re parsing something that is not JSON. Most likely, it’s a variable that you expect to be JSON but isn’t. You have to debug yourself since we’re not able to see your code

Do you have any JSON files in your project? If so, are any empty? If they are empty, put 2 curly brackets in like so: {}

I’m getting this too…

I have an existing python glitch which worked great until I added a package.json to it. I was hoping to start using node for some client-side stuff. After adding my package.json, it enabled node on my glitch just fine, but every time it tries to restart, I get this in my log.

at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at /opt/watcher/source/app-picker.ts:107:39
    at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:285:7)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:189:13)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:441:20)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:970:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:259:5)

I disabled the watch.json by renaming it… so it’s not that…

and when I rename or delete the package.json, everything works again

I tried to replicate this using a new html only glitch then added a package.json to it… and that worked fine. I’m not sure what my python glitch is missing. https://glitch.com/edit/#!/ld-space-camp-0

I figured it out. Turns out if you want to run both Python and Node in the same container, you’ll have to remove or rename requirements.txt because when Glitch sees a requirements.txt in the root dir, it will try to run start.sh. This was very helpful: Python and Javascript in same project?

1 Like

removing and replaying the code works for me. I don’t know if it works for someone else

ok so i am storing data in a file not in any database and it was working fine for 2,3 data elemenst but somehow i dunno when adn how my data got deleted from the file and then it keep showing me this data bcz i was displaying the empty json file so what i did that i deleted the file and when i run the code it got created again with data inside and it worked for me

Just Make sure that u are not displaying empty file if it is empty then delete that json file and re run the code and it will work