The target/ folder that generated by maven java compiler is not shown in the project

Please help how to make this folder to visible

2 Likes

Hey @SharifPoetra! If you run refresh in the app console, does the folder show up in the editor?

2 Likes

No, run refresh much time but nothing happen, its only can be seen when I run ls on the console

1 Like

Hi @SharifPoetra! Can you send along the name of your project so we can take a look?

2 Likes

Hi @lyzidiamond! My project name is thunder-java and well its private, Tell me if I need to make it public and thanks for the help!

1 Like

Can I get support here? @Glitch_Response

1 Like

Hey @SharifPoetra can you let us know specifically which files aren’t showing up? On the surface between hidden files and what’s in your .gitignore file I don’t see anything obvious that should be there that’s not showing up, so I’m probably missing something. If you can help me understand better we might be able to help you out.

2 Likes

Alright hi @cori, that maven generated output is in target folder, But the target folder is invisible in the editor and only can be accessed from console, And I don’t have it in .gitignore file. so how can I make it to be visible and can be seen in the editor? or maybe you want to take a look? the project name is thunder-java

1 Like

Hey @SharifPoetra I do see target/ in your .gitignore file, and as long as that’s in there that folder will not display in the Glitch Editor. If you remove that line the folder should start showing up, although for server-side changes (like the output of Maven steps) you’ll still need to run refresh in the project console to get those changes to show up in the Editor.

You can also just use the console itself and a text editor like vim or emacs in the console - that will always show the most recent information.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi @cori, I already do it, removing the target/ from the .gitignore file and refresh it using console but nothing happens, the folder still won’t show up.

1 Like

Hey @SharifPoetra, I dug into this a little more and the problem you’re seeing is that we also ignore the target folder in our global gitignore. You can see this by removing target/ from your local .gitignore file and then running the command git check-ignore target/classes/logback.xml -v to see what’s ignoring that particular file. You’ll see output like this:

app@thunder-java:~ 16:08 
$ git check-ignore target/classes/logback.xml -v
/etc/gitignore-global:54:target target/classes/logback.xml

So unfortunately there’s currently no way to view the target directory in the Glitch Editor. Sorry for the bother!

2 Likes

Hey, @SharifPoetra a way you can get the output folder to be renamed in your pom.xml:
<build> <directory>output</directory> </build>

1 Like