Um is it possible to transfer snap coding projects to glitch's main or community site?

I’m just asking because i plan to make projects on both,but is there transferring systems to ease the proccess

Is it Blockly?

no its this https://snap.berkeley.edu/

i have a feeling most people who use this site don’t know about the coding snap

No, you cannot, as Snap! is an interpreted language that depends on the Snap! runtime which isn’t implemented in Glitch.

1 Like

You can’t use Blockly and stuff on Glitch, or anywhere else for that matter except others if you can parse the XML data if it is DuckDuckGo Google Blockly

ok makes sense.I shouldn’t be surprised that it wouldn’t be easy

No you can’t at all since Glitch isn’t block based. Or repl.it. Or GitHub. Or anything.

Scratch is? Block based coding is a perfectly find way to learn programming.

1 Like

Importing would probably be impossible

Snap is open source so in theory you could import the snap runtime to glitch but that would be quick tricky.

3 Likes

Not at all. It’s lightweight. It also has an API which could be used in iframes.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks again you all for being so helpful!i’d never get this much help on snap somethimes

2 Likes

Sorry for being slightly off-topic, but I’m very picky about the technical aspects of Scratch and its mods.
Snap! is a modification of Scratch 2.0, which was made with flash. Nowadays, Snap! is no longer a modification of Scratch and instead uses its own code. Which doesn’t use Blockly :smiley:
Scratch 3.0 (the current version), howevet, is a fork of Blockly, and is built in React.

3 Likes

That’s not off topic to me!it helps me learn more about these sites :smiley:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.