Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

Hi Glitch Support Team!
Thanks for partnering with FreeCodeCamp.org to spread code literacy and tech love.
I’ve spent quite a few hours struggling to complete the first Node.js/npm assignment, namely: adding a single key/value pair to a boilerplate node project’s package.json file.
The full transcript of my ever-escalating troubleshooting attempts can be found at the official FreeCodeCamp forum link below, and I plan to cross-post this thread there for the benefit of future campers.
Any advice/support you can offer would be a huge help - as it stands now, the thought of investing more time in Glitch-hosted projects does not inspire much confidence.
This is particularly disheartening, as this section is required for the FCC certification.
Anyway, here’s the link, adjusted to where the issue begins: :point_down:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/forum/t/managing-packages-with-npm-how-to-use-package-json-the-core-of-any-node-js-project-or-npm-package/198736/20
Thanks,
-Bernard

2 Likes

Hey @BernardFaucher, welcome to the Glitch forum!

I’m sorry for the bother and trouble you’ve encountered. We’ll take a look at that thread and get back to you as soon as we can!

2 Likes

FWIW, the issue remains a blocker, across projects and assignments. Reproduction steps: Logged out & back in w/Github. Cloned a brand new project from boilerplate. Added a new key/val pair. Copied public URL into FCC solution field. Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0.

As a sanity check, I also went to the FCC repo to see if there was anything wrong with the assignment’s test script. Seems legit, but you’re welcome to check for yourselves.

1 Like

Hi Bernard, any word on this issue being resolved any time soon? Is the FCC staff working on it, maybe alternative resolutions?

0 Likes