Were join links/invite tokens removed?

I can’t find an interface for generating a join link so that I don’t have to manually approve contributors. Was that functionality removed?

1 Like

Hi @Cody!

We have discontinued the use of join links. I’m sorry that is interfering with your collaboration flow!

To share a project, you can either:

1. Use the Share menu to invite folks individually by typing either their Glitch username or email (folks don’t need a Glitch account to be invited to a project), or
  2. If your project’s code is public, you can give your collaborators the link to the app’s project editor and tell them to click the Request to Join Project button. Then you can approve them to become project members.
5 Likes

Join links were great on glitch for collaboration, so it is sad to see them go. :cry:

2 Likes

Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn’t fulfill my use case of inviting collaborators in a private chat without having to manually intervene for each of them.

If you desperately need an invite link you can echo $PROJECT_INVITE_TOKEN in the terminal and add that token https://glitch.com/edit/#!/join/here afaik.

3 Likes

Added to Glitch Docs!! (sorry to bump, i didn’t pay attention to the timestamps sryyyyy)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.