What does really the Glitch paid plan include?

Hey, I am considering buying the Glitch paid plan to scale my projects a bit.

But I have some questions:

1. What does “access control for all your apps” mean?
  2. Do I get better or more CPU cores?
  3. Do I get higher network bandwidth?
  4. What do I do if I need more disk space or memory, can I contact Glitch for custom pricing?
  5. Do boosted projects still count towards project hours?
  6. Can I cancel anytime as stated on Stripe payment page?
  7. What happens if I cancel, do I still get to keep the benefits until the next billing date?

So far I read that I will get the following:

• Always on for boosted apps
  • 2GB of memory (aka RAM) for boosted apps
  • 400MB of disk space for boosted apps
  • No rate limiting for boosted apps
  • Ability to make projects private
  • 4,000 project hours for un-boosted apps instead of the free 1,000
1 Like

I think these may be right, answering as much as I can.

1. You can make projects private, this used to be a free feature but was made paid.
  2. Unsure
  3. Unsure
  4. I am sure they would give you some help!
  5. As stated the 4000 hours would be for “un-boosted” projects, so I would assume so.
  6. If it is stated, then I believe so.
  7. If you didn’t keep them, would not make sense - but I am unsure on this one.
2 Likes

It’s basically everything @Callum-OKane said:

• You can make a project private
  • You can control who accesses your app (“Access control for all your apps”)
  • You can have up to 5 boosted full-stack apps that are always on

See glitch.com/pricing

PS: I know it’s $8/month like twitter but you don’t get the verified checkmark :wink:

1 Like

little bit on item 2, the CPU cores: unboosted projects have a CPU quota set up with the kernel. that throttles your processes to ~1/4 of one CPU core’s worth of CPU time. I think boosted projects have higher quota, so that they can run faster. but I haven’t heard of boosted projects having access to actually better or more CPU cores.

2 Likes

I am questioning it since I wanna make sure that I scale incase if my website grows more, I don’t like traditional hosting providers since they look complicated and offer way too many services that I can’t wrap my head around.

1 Like

What if my boosted status goes out and the disk space is at 300mb, what happens to the files?

1 Like

I have heard if it just limiting the space (don’t letting you do it), but I’ve also heard of the project getting automatically suspended :grimacing:

I don’t know personally, but it probably won’t let you write to those files anymore, giving you an OutOfDiskSpace error as usual when you run out of space - however it could be that your project will simply be shut down (you’d likely have to email support if that happens).

2 Likes