What is password and username for mysql?

Hi,
I need to use mysql in my project, but idk what username and password to use. Can you help me?

Can you link the project so I can try some few basic ones.

1 Like

I believe it is gomix

2 Likes

And username?

1 Like

Not sure. gomix again i guess?

1 Like

And what host to use? (I tried localhost and nope)

1 Like

@RiversideRocks Never really used the built in DB, but isn’t there a phpmyadmin page?

1 Like

I’ve never really tried Glitch’s lamp server but if it is a true lamp sever, it should have a phpyadmin page,

1 Like

:confused: I guess it got taken down or something. Because all it shows is this “The number of the day is 5!”

1 Like

http://lamp-poc.glitch.me/ That is the link right? Correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Another odd thing is the 404 page shows the website is on port 3000 while in reality it is on port 80.

1 Like

Web traffic connects to Glitch project’s via the standard ports (80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS) however the reverse proxy sends traffic to a specific port for the project in the container, this is commonly port 3000. So that 404 error is correct, the project is running at it’s container’s localhost:3000.

You can access the port your project is running at via the PORT environment variable.

Sorry this doesn’t help with the mySQL issue, I just thought this was interesting when I learned about it and decided to share.

3 Likes

Username: root
Password: Don’t type anything in

5 Likes

What’s root’s password? Glitch still asks me what it is. image

1 Like

Just Press enter{more text}
I think it should work.

1 Like

Hey @anon69241012 — getting mysql started can be a bit tricky — there’s a topic here that dives into it a little bit.

It might also be helpful to remix lamp-poc and build from that — it’s got a .mysql directory you can explore to see how to get things working.

Let us know if that works for you!

1 Like

@angelo Thanks. I’m trying a tutorial https://www.elated.com/cms-in-an-afternoon-php-mysql/ and I’d like to build a CMS, Wordpress never worked for me.