What is the current purpose of "VS Code Extension" and "Thimble Help" categories?

hello! im having a question about the VS Code Extension and Thimble Help categories. from my little research, Thimble was discontinued in 2019… well its now 2022. but i get it, some people might have taken a really really long break. but for the vs code extension, it has been deprecated and is no longer usable. so basically, i am asking for the glitch staff to remove the VS Code Extension category. as its not really needed anymore…

thanks.

PS: this is probably going to be my last activity on the forum, as im getting a new laptop strictly for school purposes, it was nice meeting the glitch community and i wish you all the best!

3 Likes

There once was a vscode extension for glitch, now it is no more…Glitch for VS Code Extension - Sunset + Feedback
and thimble was a platform like glitch which migrated it’s data to glitch before shutting down so the help category is for anyone who used thimble before

1 Like

yes, i stated that, but shouldn’t they be removed now that its been 3 years? if not the Thimble category, then at least the VS Code Extension category.

1 Like
1 Like

aw I want to keep these old threads

2 Likes

It was a really great extension I really hope glitches sunrises it

2 Likes

First off, thanks for flagging this, it’s a great question. Also I don’t agree they should be deleted, it’s history and that’s important to preserve!

For folks that don’t have context about Thimble and the extension:

• Mozilla’s Thimble was discontinued and those projects were imported into Glitch as part of the process, so that thread is for former-Thimble users to specifically find each other as they come from a shared user experience background.
  • The VS Code extension was deprecated but beloved. We don’t have present plans to bring it back but that doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll never see it again.

@nobody I hope you are able to come back again soon, I really appreciated the way that you explored the inner workings of this Discourse and I’ll miss you! All the best to you on your education journey :heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.