Would a node library like `cron-scheduler` work with paid/boosted/always-on apps?

I understand that default/free apps go to sleep when inactive and therefore do not work for running server-side scheduled jobs. Does this change with paid/boosted apps? I assume so but wanted to check first :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

I don’t see why they wouldn’t seeing as the apps would be “awake” 24/7.

1 Like

I dont have the payed plan and i use node-cron and it works fine for me

1 Like

@TeaCup - oh interesting… based off my searches, it did not work on free plans. Will try it out in a bit. Totally willing to pay but was hoping to get confirmation first. Thanks for the reply!

Theoretically it would only work on a free plan provided the scheduled job happens to take place within 5 minutes of a HTTP request (so the container happened to already be awake) or the free project is being kept active 24/7 by something like UptimeRobot.

Yeah- that’s what I thought. I’m not looking to game the system though. Thanks all.

1 Like

Hi, I’m currently on a free plan and I am also using node-scheduler and it is working perfectly fine for me. So it shouldn’t be a problem if you use it on a paid plan.

1 Like