Would this work to keep a Glitch project online?

Hey all,

Been a Glitch user for a good while now, but I never actually bothered to use the forums here until now as I see Glitch has banned pinging services like UptimeRobot this week, which has caused my project to go offline, and now needs manual pings to stay online.

I honestly don’t know about any other pinging services, I suspect they are also all blocked on Glitch’s end, or will be eventually as well.

Anyway, I was just wondering about something here…but is it possible to keep a Glitch project from going to sleep by just having a browser window left open on my end?

In fact, before I decided to make this thread I did give this a tester for the past hour and a half, and I see my project has remained online. That is good to know. But then again I have been working on my computer the whole time, thus it hasn’t been idle so maybe that is the reason why it hasn’t gone to sleep yet.

I haven’t tested this out yet, but I’d be super interested to know that if my project would continue to stay online even if I leave my computer unattended for a couple of hours and it goes idle. Would the project still stay online?

Basically what I’m asking here is, would leaving my browser left open on my project’s page keep it online at all times, even if my computer is idle and not active. Or would it fall asleep? I’m guessing the latter.

Thanks, and it’s good to be here, finally out of lurking mode for so long. :stuck_out_tongue:

if you keep your browser on it wont send requests every so often so it wont keep it online

1 Like

@bb83bif you somehow make the page refresh every 5 minutes

Not to be mean here, but I really think we need to stop trying to “hack” or “cheat” the system by bypassing Glitch’s filters. We need to respect that Glitch is trying to fix the problem and ideas like this are not very helpful.

3 Likes

Yea I agree with @RiversideRocks. after all the service is free!

3 Likes

Yep. I totally agree with @RiversideRocks

3 Likes