Community Forum Rules
The primary goal of Glitch’s Community Forum is to provide a useful, safe and friendly place where everyone feels welcome to discuss using Glitch regardless of their background or skill set.
As a member of the Glitch Community, you can help us reach this goal by following these Do’s and Don’ts when posting in the forum:
- Browse the forum before posting. You may find that the answer to your question has already been posted.
- Communicate with others respectfully, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
- Use an informative title when creating a new topic. This helps others understand what you would like to discuss and improves the searchability of forum content.
- Ask specific questions. Make sure that you are clear about what you specifically need help with.
- Mark solutions to your questions. If another user replies to your topic with useful information, be sure to click the Solution checkbox to help others quickly identify the answer. You can find the Solution checkbox by clicking the three little dots next to the Reply button at the bottom of the post.
- Stay on topic. Make sure that your comments are related to Glitch and to the topic under which you are posting.
- Use Google Translate to understand posts written in languages other than your own.
- Flag inappropriate posts. If you see something in the forum that you think violates our Community Forum Rules or our Terms of Service, let us know by clicking the flag icon. You can find the flag icon by clicking the three little dots next to the Reply button at the bottom of the post.
- Contact Glitch Support if you have any questions about these rules or would like to discuss an issue directly with us. We are happy to help!
Post unfriendly comments or other content that is malicious. This includes:
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or ability.
- Threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Sexually explicit or violent material
- Sexualized comments or jokes and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Naming and shaming other users
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Post spam. This includes:
- Creating posts for the sole purpose of promoting a site or service that is unrelated to Glitch.
- Recruiting others to create an app or a significant amount of the code for you.
- Offering app creation and coding services to the general community.
- Using a category other than The Gallery to ask others to use your site.
- Repeatedly posting the same message or questions across multiple topics or categories.