Announcing Glitch In Bio, the easiest way to share your links!

Today, we are excited to share with you the latest from the Glitch lab: Glitch In Bio.

It’s unlike any other Glitch launch we’ve done before—we built a mobile-friendly, free, fully customizable landing page to use as your “Link in bio.” Learn more about it in our announcement on the blog to get started and see how you can share your own themes and extensions with the community!

Oh, and you can use the shortcut glitch.new/links to remix it instantly, too!

We can’t wait to see what you make with Glitch In Bio!
-jennschiffer.glitch.me

10 Likes

Nice, this was a good idea! I see a lot of folks using Link Tree and this is more customizable. I often point people to my portfolio site but sometimes I just want something simpler.

Also, on that playlist: Alex’s background images…wow. I need to work on mine :blush: I like the gradient though.

5 Likes

This is awesome! I’m setting up my Glitch-in-Bio now and this is dope!

However, as a musician, my main places I’m trying to drive folks to are Bandcamp & Soundcloud. I noticed that you don’t have social iconography for either of those sites available. Is this the best place to request those? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey welcome to the forum. I think it’s a good idea to request them. But for now if you wanted to add them to your page, Font Awesome does have those icons. Here’s soundcloud and Bandcamp. You can search for others. You don’t have to email them for a kit (they make it complex to try to get you to pay, which is annoying). Here’s a link to their CDN -

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/5.15.4/css/all.min.css" integrity="sha512-1ycn6IcaQQ40/MKBW2W4Rhis/DbILU74C1vSrLJxCq57o941Ym01SwNsOMqvEBFlcgUa6xLiPY/NS5R+E6ztJQ==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer" />
3 Likes

Ooh awesome! Thanks so much for the tip!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the feedback here–we’re going to work on adding these social icons to the app! :raised_hands:t2:

4 Likes

Oh, hi! :wave:t2:

So, I just put up my :link: :globe_with_meridians:, and I’ve kept track of a few small tweaks that might be interesting. Added a couple of social icons that are useful to me, made a custom theme, embedded a Twitter timeline, etc.

Nice work, friends: super easy to customize! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: looking forward to seeing what others build, too!

edit I’m keeping a development diary / scratchpad in the NOTES.md file as I fiddle around with it. I also pushed it over to GitHub.

edit x DEV also wrote it up on DEV.to

5 Likes

Hi all, we just announced a new update to Glitch In Bio that adds new social icons, makes accessibility improvements, and more. You can read more about it here: https://blog.glitch.com/post/glitch-in-bio-now-community-improved

Thanks to all of you for your feedback which made this update possible!

4 Likes

Should anyone need it, I’ve just added a GitLab social icon to my remix (on top of absorbing the updates from the main template).

2 Likes

Oh nice thanks @andypiper :tada: