"Disable preview" project setting?

I love the responsiveness of the preview page when I am making changes to the UI. But when I am working on the underlying code I think it is distracting. I also would prefer to have it remain closed when I start my project. Ideally this could be accomplished with a toggle somewhere (project page? preview tool button?)

Anyway, thanks for the work you people do!

Peter

https://help.glitch.com/kb/article/143-getting-started-part-1-the-project-editor/

• If you don’t want to see the preview, click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the pane and select Close Preview.
1 Like

I know HOW to close the Preview Pane. My suggestion Deals more with being able to disable it from opening when I start editing my project. A switch on the project page would be nice. Trivial? Perhaps.

1 Like

I can share this with the team! Just so I’m clear, you’re hoping we can add something like the other editor setting toggles in this screenshot but for setting the default open/close status of the preview pane, yeah?

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 12.21.05 PM

1 Like

interesting, I don’t have the preview automatically opening when I start editing a project. maybe my account has something different from yours?

1 Like

it is later in the day and I’m on a different computer, and now I’m seeing the preview open automatically too.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right. I’m a dinosaur when it comes to coding. I love seeing my UI changes immediately, but when I’m working on the backend I find it distracting that every keystroke causes a UI refresh. And yes, I do close the preview as soon as I start editing but why should I have to if there were a switch to enable/disable it for me.

You people are great. Thank you.

Peter

1 Like

Here’s a suggestion.

Do not open Preview by default in Mobile please!

2 Likes