Glitch Express project not connecting to Dreamhost MySQL

Hello,
I’m developing a Node application based on Express and I’m trying to connect to a Dreamhost MySQL.

They limit access to 3rd party applications so I added my application’s IP to the list of “allowable hosts”. As I found out later, Glitch changes its application’s IP very often so it didn’t work for long.
Then I added “name-of-application.glitch.me” to the mentioned list and it worked for a while but now I’m getting the same error as before: ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR

Yes, I’ve checked username, password and host a number of times - they’re correct.
Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks!

hello you can test host your application in the hello sqlite, the expres it’s probably not compatible whit this. Test my things and replying on this post whit a mention :wink:

Hello,

Yes, Express is compatible with MySQL as I’ve used it in different platforms before.
It needs to work on Dreamhost, it’s a requirement. If it’s not possible doing this with Glitch then unfortunately I’ll move to a different platform.

dreamhost is a framework ?

It’s a host provider.

ok, your project require dreamhost or no ?

As I’ve stated before, the MySQL database is hosted at Dreamhost and I need my Glitch project to connect to it.

They limit access to 3rd party applications so I added my application’s IP to the list of “allowable hosts”. As I found out later, Glitch changes its application’s IP very often so it didn’t work for long.
Then I added “name-of-application.glitch.me” to the mentioned list and it worked for a while but now I’m getting the same error as before: ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR

oh ok i look bad excuse me the error is a problem with your identifiants

No, it’s not.

Besides that, it worked for a while with both IP and URL so it’s not about my credentials.

dreamhost does not have sufficient permission to modify your project, you can mention cori because I can not find a answer sorry

@cori can you help this ?

Given that you’ve had it working before, this doesn’t seem like a Glitch issue. Dreamhost provide some help for enabling access to hosted databases at https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/214883058-How-do-I-connect-to-my-database-using-a-third-party-program that you might find help. Make sure the domain you’ve whitelisted is correct, and hasn’t been changed since adding it. You mentioned you’ve checked the username, password and host, but make sure to also check the port it’s trying to connect to is accurate.