Glitch Project disk is full and unable to do git prune; git gc

Hello. My project name is egg-bot and I recently got an error warning me that my disk was almost full. It told me to use git prune; git gc and I did. But it never worked and when I typed it in the console all I got was

error: couldn’t write .git/logs/HEAD: No space left on device
error: couldn’t write .git/logs/refs/heads/master: No space left on device
error: failed to run reflog

If anyone could help me troubleshoot this problem I would really appreciate it.
Thank you.

Choose one of A or B …

A. Wait for Glitch support staff to assist with temporary extra space.

B. Delete git repository, Warning - this deletes all your rewind history!

$ rm -rf .git

To prevent it happening again, ensure that data files that change regularly are stored in folder .data, or have an entry in .gitignore .

Also, ensure you are using pnpm rather than npm, because local node_modules takes up disk space on your project.

Good luck!

1 Like

Run the Unix disk usage utility, du, on your home directory.

$ du -h -d 1 ~
5.0K    /app/.config
68K     /app/lib
1.9M    /app/.git
49K     /app/include
3.0K    /app/etc
2.4M    /app

In case you don’t immediately get a good idea where your storage quota is being eaten up, traverse down one of the larger folders and run the disk usage utility.

You get the idea.

Hello @MichTheKid, sorry about the trouble you’re having with your project. I can temporarily resize your project which will allow you to run git prune; git gc, but you should also make sure you are either keeping any frequently changing files in the provided .data folder or add their names to a file called .gitignore in the top folder of your project as well to prevent this from happening again. Let me know if you’d like me to resize and I can do that for you today.

1 Like

Hello. I found a solution to my storage situation and have made sure I followed your suggestions. Thank you very much.

Glad you found a solution! Let me know if you have any other issues.

1 Like