.json files do not update in the editor

I have a problem with the .json files. Whenever I change my .json file with fs.writeFile, the corresponding object changes in the file but I can not see the changed file in the editor, I still see the old one.

1 Like

Right now, any updates you make to the files in the filesystem directly won’t show up in the editor. You can run the refresh command in the console to pick up the changes.

2 Likes

thank you for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tim Just letting you know that this is still a problem. Just lost 20 mins debugging - thinking I was doing something wrong in my code. Not a huge problem though, and I’m guessing there’s some technicalities that makes this a bit difficult to fix.

Cheers :slight_smile:
Joe

Sorry about that. To be clear, this isn’t a bug. It’s intended to function that way for now. We provide a warning at the top of the console and on the help site. But if you have any suggestions on how we could have made this clearer before losing time debugging it, then let us know.

It will take time to change in the file assume that it has been changed but u see it as unchanged