Weird Video Errors

So I’m getting a strange error when it comes to adding videos to my site. A couple weeks ago I added a test video to my site and it worked perfectly. But for some reason, when I went to upload the actual videos that are supposed to go on this page it stopped working.

I was able to upload the new videos to the assets section just fine but when I replaced the asset url in the code for my “videos” page it just appears as a blank player now. When I replace it with the old test video url it works perfect.

The error message reads: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 ()"
It seems to me like for some reason the assets I’m uploading aren’t able to be reached by the site when it needs to show them.

Can anyone help with this? Is it a client-side issue or is it something with the Glitch servers? Thanks!

Hello @Juan_Diego,

Your website might be too large. What is the file size of your video?

Thanks

Where are you sourcing the videos from? The CDN?

I don’t think it’s the size because the videos are each about 30mb. And I don’t have many other uploaded assets besides images.

I uploaded them to the assets tab and I’m sourcing them from there.

Are you only referencing the name of the video? For example, if your video is named “video.mp4”, having something like:

<source src="video.mp4" type="video/mp4">

won’t work because that is not the actual URL to a video in the assets folder. What would be needed in order to display the video would be something like this:

<source src="https://cdn.glitch.global/259991e6-677e-4cd1-95fb-ca04c6073e75/video.mp4?v=1642092712075" type="video/mp4">

To get the URL to your video:

• Go to your assets folder
  • Click on your video
  • There will be a URL and a button to copy it to your clipboard. This is the URL to your video.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.