12 hours discord bot shut down

I found a few other threads and followed the guiding in them but couldn’t fix my issue.

It used to work, but now my bot shuts off after 12~ hrs of being up and running. I have the ping, and the uptime robot running.

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Ty,
-lindenkron

This is completely normal.

(This information is available on the container stats tab of the project editor)

I have a solution to this restriction (that I don’t really recommand), which is totally unoptimized, but it works.

I would create another auxiliary project in Glitch in addition of my discord bot.

Each of them send a request to the other and when one reach the limit of 12 hours, it is rebooted by the other one.

Theoritically, this should work.

I wouldn’t even know how to go about starting doing that.

Why does the uptimerobot solution suddenly not work anymore?

Hey @lindenkron, sorry for the bother! Can you share your project name and a screenshot of your UptimeRobot config for folks to take a look at? We haven’t released any changes to how things work that should affect how UptimeRobot keeps your project alive, so it seems like something else is going on.

Yeah I have a same problem. My bot went offline after approx. 12 hours. My project name: petabyte-bot. If you want to know the status of my UptimeRobot, it says Connection Timeout for 114 hours continuously.

Hey @paundra0217 I don’t see a project with that name. Can you provide a link to the project page on the glitch.com homepage? It would look something like https://glitch.com/~petabyte-bot (except that there’s no project there).

Ok I’m sorry because there’s a typo in my project name. Now go ahead and try again.

Ok @paundra0217 it looks like you’re using the glitch keepalive npm package. That will not keep your bot up through the 12-hour restart. You need something external like UptimeRobot to start it back up after Glitch stops it.

For that to work your bot will need to have a public webpage of some sort. Something like this sample express config can help there.

Uptime Robottan Çoklu Botu destekleyen Monitör Aç.Bende de Aynısı oluyordu.Ben Öyle yaptım Uptime Robot

Hey @paundra0217, you can avoid non-English posts if they’re inconvenient for you, but we’re happy to try to help Glitch community members as best we can whatever their native language. We have a sizeable community of Turkish community members and if it makes those folks more comfortable to use their native tongue (understanding that we’re using sometimes-inaccurate translation tools so there may be miscommunications) then we’re happy to welcome them!

Ok. I know what’s my fault and I’m sorry. I won’t do it again I promise.

1 Like