'fs' library unable to be installed!

Hi,

As in the title, ‘fs’ isn’t downloadable.

In my package.json file, I have:

{

"dependencies": {
    "fs": "0.0.1-security",
}

This conforms to the version in npmjs https://www.npmjs.com/package/fs. They did say fs is currently not in use.

Is there a way to get over this hurdle? I don’t care about fs as long as I’m able to use cloudscrape library in my vue-nuxt project

Have you tried

pnpm install fs --save

Actually, I think you can normally npm i fs --save, but pnpm is recommended by Glitch. Also, don’t forget to run enable-pnpm in console.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming that using pnpm install libs --save are fine. I wasn’t clear about it earlier

I did try that and it still didn’t work. I think writing in package.json will ensure I don’t need to do pnpm install again and again.

I saw the following description from https://www.npmjs.com/package/fs:

This package name is not currently in use, but was formerly occupied by another package. To avoid malicious use, npm is hanging on to the package name, but loosely, and we'll probably give it to you if you want it.

I believe glitch staff needs to know about this?

the fs package that you use to write and read files is
part of node, so you don’t need to install it with npm or a package.json

yet I’m getting this error message when I install and use (via ‘require’) cloudscrape:

How do you explain this? I was able to install tls, not fs

that’s strange… mind if i see your project?

I’m new at the message system. I guess there’s no way to invite through usernames. So I may need to send invite link through message

im on right now. where are you having problems?

1 Like

sorry I was offline earlier.

Basically, in the page named “pages/trial/_username.vue”, I’m using cloudscraper library. However, the glitch site is unable to find the dependency fs for my cloudscraper.

You’ll find the error message in the log page

actually I had another friend who helped me out!

I was blind and never clicked on the version tab to the right of the npmjs.com site lol.

I’m using fs@v0.0.2, and it’s working fine now (I think security version was not downloadable)!

1 Like

this is exactly what you and anyone else reading this needs

thank you.

It’s just that glitch’s log asked me to ‘download’ fs for cloudscraper (when used from client-side). It was good to learn that fs is part of node.js!

Anyways I found out that using cloudscraper in client-side web project is too complicated for me, therefore I am using a simple server-side web project through express.js and simple html, css, js and bootstrap/material design. Thank you for your support! I’ll close this post

1 Like