Happy 4th Of July + Needs Help

Hello guys normally when I post on the forum I normally ask a more or less glitch related post and instead am asking for some direct help. Lets say I have 1 file and I want to convert it into a EXE to hide my code and to run a program how would I go about doing this? I have no real idea of where to even begin note I’m using windows 11 on a Microsoft computer so your answer may differ as a linux user. Also just here to say happy 4th of july I know that the forum message for independence day is there but I feel like posting on the forum today. Go watch the fireworks I mean if that annoying neighbor is gonna keep shooting them off anyways :joy:.

@Papaya_Dude What is the file written in? if it is written in python there are some packages like auto-py-to-exe or by looking at ‘python script freezing’ on google.

I don’t use Windows 11, but these ‘should’ work if your using python.

3 Likes

A simple Google search for “[language] to exe” should reveal multiple ways to convert any file to exe.

(btw, I’m using Windows 11 Insider - dev variant, if that is relevant)

1 Like

Hello again I’m just here to say I truly do appreciate it. I was putting way too much thought into what I was searching like “How to make javascript code into a exe to run code globally” basically how I was searching on google and was finding nothing much love

-DGB

Oh, in that case I don’t think that is possible. Javascript code normally does not contain any code that can interact with the user, except alerts, prompts etc.
But you could try to use Qt5 to build a simple web browser that loads your page in python and then compile into a exe, if that helps.

Wait so javascript has no access to like files and other management resources?

I was gonna originally use it for full on desktop automation

My goal is to build a software that can interact with my desktop software and also my web browser like Javascript.

My goal is to build a software that can interact with my desktop software and also my web browser like Javascript

Well, in that case Python is the best way, using Selenium.
But for Windows 11 I would also recommend Microsoft Power Automate, it’s no-code and super easy to use

Wait so javascript has no access to like files and other management resources

At it’s core, no. Javascript is made for webpages, not for computer programs.

Isnt python like supper supper slow

Wouldn’t it just make more sense to learn C, C++, or C#

From my experience, it actually isn’t. Of course, it isn’t lightning fast, but it is quite OK.

Anyway, I would recommend power automate for your use case

see the issue I have with python is you can just do everything that Python does in a lower level language plus I got told it was the slowest programming language which is why I’m tempted to just go to c or do something crazy like assembly code

see the issue I have with python is you can just do everything that Python does in a lower level language plus I got told it was the slowest programming language which is why I’m tempted to just go to c or do something crazy like assembly code.

It isn’t “the slowest coding language”

See:

Power automate doesnt look like its going to work because I’m tryna have basically js code do pc automation

Power automate doesn’t look like its going to work because I’m tryna have basically js code do pc automation

You can try, but remember that Javascript is not intended to do that. Node, for example, allows you do have some basic level of interaction with your computer, but I would definitely recommend Python if you want to do automation.

alright cause I’ve gotta change ips sign in and out of accounts and all kinds of other stuff like ui and menus so its gonna be a long ride learning all this most likely

wow you are right mustve been some old out of touch people who were telling me python was the slowest